South Pacific Polynesian Restaurant operated on a grand scale, and sought to compete with the nearby (and still operating) Mai-Kai
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bar, Restaurant, Store & Floor Show
. It had a few different A-frame, thatched-roof buildings, scattered around lushly landscaped gardens. It opened in December 1959, and appears to have closed in May 1975. It then briefly operated as Sun Wah Imperial Polynesian Restaurant.