Luau Room was operated by Dobbs House, which owned a chain of airport concessions, and also a chain of Polynesian restaurants called Dobbs House Luau. This location opened in 1959. It was located in the terminal at Standiford Field, which today is the Louisville International Airport. The restaurant operated until 1983. When Dobbs House closed the restaurant, they sold the name and furnishings to Vern Ferguson, who relocated Luau Room
Bar & Restaurant
near the University of Louisville.