Bar, Rental Facility & Restaurant
Have something to add?
Update Critiki's Info
Opened in 1958
Closed in the '70s
Defunct tiki not included,
distances are as the crow flies.
Jun 30, 2008
Menu from The Reef in Long Beach
circa 1960, from the collection of the Los Angeles Public Library
Have a photo or a collectible from The Reef?
Add it to Critiki!
The Reef opened in 1958, and was co-owned by George Millay, creator of Sea World. The original restaurant had interior designs by Bobby Mavis, and had "Hula Grounds" with many tikis.
The Reef burned down in the 1970s, and the rebuilt restaurant is no longer Polynesian-themed.