This location is not open.
Have something to add?
Update Critiki's Info
Opened in the 1930s
Defunct tiki not included,
distances are as the crow flies.
Photo folder from Club Kona in El Cerrito
circa 1944, from the collection of esfulkerson
Have a photo or a collectible from Club Kona?
Add it to Critiki!
Club Kona dates from the pre-tiki era when elegant tropical nightclubs were themed with palm trees and bamboo. It was owned by Henry, Dolly and Phil Molino. It was initially located at 316 San Pablo Ave., and reopened at 303 San Pablo after a fire in early 1938.
From February 1948 to February 1949, Club Kona was temporarily leased to Lloyd Johnson while the Molino family took a vacation — necessitated by Henry and Phil Molino being on probation for a gambling charge.