La Mariana Sailing Club
Bar & Restaurant
Have something to add?
Update Critiki's Info
Opened in 1955
Defunct tiki not included,
distances are as the crow flies.
Sep 7, 2006
Corner booths at La Mariana Sailing Club in Honolulu
December 2006, photo by Gilligan
Have a photo or a collectible from La Mariana Sailing Club?
Add it to Critiki!
La Mariana Sailing Club is the last remaining bastion of true original Polynesian Pop in Hawaii. It opened in 1955, and over the years, it has become a sort of museum of Waikiki's tiki past: the tikis here came out of the Kon-Tiki in the Sheraton-Waikiki, lamps came from the Trader Vic's, and tables and chairs came from Don the Beachcomber. Original owner Annette La Mariana Nahinu ran the operation until her death in 2008. La Mariana features a lively piano bar, and guests can join in on the singing.
La Mariana's original location was 50 yards from its current location; it moved in 1973. There is an 80-boat slip attached to the restaurant which sits on Ke'ehi Lagoon.
How to find it:
La Mariana is a bit tricky to find—while on Sand Island Road, keep your eyes peeled for a sign for La Mariana, take the turn there, and follow the road to the restaurant.
La Mariana has a parking lot.